MO HealthNet (Medicaid) for People with Disabilities provides medical care for persons who are Permanently and Totally Disabled (PTD) and meet other eligibility requirements. If you’ve already enrolled, go to MO HealthNet for assistance using your benefits or finding a doctor.
How do I get help?
After your application has been processed, you will receive a letter from the Family Support Division. If you are eligible for services, you will be issued a “MO HealthNet Identification Card,” and explanation of the medical services available to you.
There is no cash grant with this program.
Already applied for MO HealthNet? Check the status of your application.
Who is eligible?
Any person who:
- is permanently and totally disabled. Disability, as defined and used by the Social Security Administration (SSA), is the individual's inability to be gainfully and substantially employed for one year or longer due to a physical or mental incapacity;
- has net income less than $855 per month for an individual or $1151 for a couple. If monthly income exceeds this amount, the participant may become eligible when their incurred medical expenses reduce their monthly income below this limit.
See Spend Down information on the Missouri Medicaid Audit & Compliance site;
- who lives in Missouri and intends to remain;
- who is a United States citizen or an eligible qualified non-citizen;
- if single, owns cash, securities or other total non-exempt resources with a value of less than $2,000, or if married and living with spouse, individually or together, $4,000 or less (Note: Exempt resources include the home in which the participant or participant’s spouse or dependents live, one automobile, household goods and certain other property. If a disabled child under age 18 is living with his parents, the non-exempt resources of the parents will be included); and,
- is not a resident of a public institution except a public medical institution.
- MO HealthNet Application
- Appointment of Authorized Representative
- Authorized Representative Revocation
If you do not receive SSD or SSI, the following forms may be needed:
- Disability Questionnaire
- Work History-Past 10 Years
- Hospitals, Medical Facilities & Physicians Seen
- Authorization for Disclosure of Medical Information