Manage My Benefit
See how much money you have left on your EBT card this month.
Let us know if your information (like your address or income) has changed.
Check the status of your SNAP benefit or application.
What happens after I'm approved?
Once you are approved for SNAP, you will get your Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card in the mail. Your monthly benefit will be loaded on this card. You can check the Monthly EBT benefit schedule to see what day your benefit will be loaded to your card every month. You will also be able to get help with employment and job training through the SKillUp Program at no cost to you.
How long will I get help?
You can get SNAP benefits for as long as you are eligible for help. You will be required to complete a mid-certification and a recertification each year you get SNAP to make sure your household is still eligible. If you do not return your information by the deadline on the form, you may lose your benefits.
- Your mid-certification will happen halfway through your benefit period. You will get a form in the mail that you will need to complete and return to the Family Support Division.
- Around the end of your SNAP benefit period, you will get a recertification form in the mail. You will need to complete this form, return it to the Family Support Division, and complete an interview to continue getting SNAP benefits.
NOTE: It is important that you report any changes to your contact information, including your address, so you will get these important letters in the mail. If you do not respond to mail from the FSD, you could lose your benefit.
How do I use my EBT Card?
You can use your EBT card in any grocery store or retail location in the United States that displays the Quest Mark® logo or online at approved locations. Your EBT card will work much like a debit card, and you will have a PIN number you will need to enter. It is important that you keep your EBT card and PIN number safe and secure (Español) at all times.
You cannot use your SNAP benefits to buy:
- Alcohol or tobacco
- Hot prepared foods or foods prepared to be immediately eaten
- Vitamins, medicine, supplements
- Non-food items such as paper products, soap, or pet food
Can I replace food lost in a disaster?
If a customer loses food purchased with Food Stamp benefits due to the weather, ice storm, fire, flood, tornado or other household misfortune outside their control, a Statement of Loss/Replacement Request form must be completed to replace the lost food. This form can be returned in person, by mail or by fax to your local FSD office. If a customer needs help with this form, they can call 1-855-373-4636 or go to a Family Support Division Resource Center.